Sunday, May 3, 2009

Price of Love

------------------
Hard to forget a soulful image
Contours of a body
Intimate sounds of moaning and ecstasy
Lies of promises
Blows in fits of raging jealousies
Calming touches
Balms to the wounded selves
Merging imaginaries of binaries
Aching and longings
One calls love.

Strong gust of cold wind
Scattered hair wild across her face
Threadlike structures
Sticking with cold sweat like dewdrops
On skin smooth as glass
Halting penetration
Of the beam of moonlight
Forcing its way on her visage
Through the scattered strands.

Tried to wipe away the dewdrops
Smoothen the hair
Tenderly
Lest, I awake her
From her eternal sleep
And envelope me
In a fog of darkness
With a kiss of death
And take away my soul.

Slowly, lowered the lid of the coffin
Stood for a while reading
The inscription on the tombstone
Leaning on the axe in flooding moonlight
Beneath the ancient sinewy oak tree
Amidst howling of the nightly creatures
Feeling prickly stabs of the cold wind
Another time, another visit
Knew, I shall be back.

These were the same lines I inscribed
Coloured with her frozen dried blood
From the axe I cut her into pieces
Price of love!
Same night I returned home
With a present of love
A rainbow held tight in a vial of hope
A diamond ring as big as the cosmos
Slaves we shall be in binding love.

Through the keyhole I saw
Queen of my heart in naked glory
Dancing with ancient spirits of the deep
Vile tentacles engulfing reality
Projecting a future of kaleidoscopic hues
Non-existence atomizing the being
Bathed in blood of our love child
The lifeless body
Crucified on the altar of exaltation.

No comments: